The history of the Union of Bulgarian Composers is connected with the foundation of the Contemporary Music Society on 24 January 1933 by the eminent Bulgarian musicians Pancho Vladigerov, Petko Staynov, Dimitar Nenov, Vesselin Stoyanov, Andrey Stoyanov, Lubomir Pipkov, Assen Dimitrov and Tzanko Tzankov.Read more
The Society statutes stipulate that the organisation aims at:
- Helping boost the interest in Bulgarian music of high artistic quality in the country and abroad, watching over a correct development of Bulgarian music life and promoting a high level musical culture in Bulgaria
- Encouraging composers to use traditional music and recreate it in artistic forms
- Achieving closer relationship among composers
- Creating better work conditions for composers
- Assisting financially challenged composers
- Preserving the memory of composers of merit.